Any dry wood, branches and twigs may be used for fuel. On no account should laminated wood or plastics be used for burning.
Roasting on the Zwergenfeuer
You can also really roast food well on the Zwergenfeuer. Specifically for it, we also supply a steel pan and ceramic pan holders. From roast potatoes through to homemade popcorn - the young chefs can conjure up all that and much more on the Zwergenfeuer. It means fun for young and old.
The Zwergenfeuer must only be used outdoors, on a non-flammable, level base.
The Zwergenfeuer is not indestructible. The ceramics may be damaged if wood is thrown in carelessly or if they are knocked or struck. Physical damage is exacerbated by the heat load and cracking could result. The DENK Zwergenfeuer has been tested for heat durability. We accept no liability in the case of improper use.
The ash can be emptied out after use. Wood ash makes an exceptional fertiliser. Please take note of the fact that ashes can remain glowing underneath the surface for up to 24 hours. Cleaning the ceramics is not necessary.
During frosty weather, the Zwergenfeuer must keep be kept under shelter. Otherwise, water could settle and freeze and break the macropore ceramics. Of course, it is possible to use the Zwergenfeuer all through winter.
Safety – Please Note
- Children may play with the Zwergenfeuer only under adult supervision.
- When in use, the Zwergenfeuer becomes hot on the outside and there is a risk of burning.
- To start the fire, please use woodchips or firelighters. On no account must you use a liquid accelerator.
- The fire in the Zwergenfeuer is always under control; it does not become too great and no hot ash can fall out.
- It is not usually necessary to extinguish the Zwergenfeuer. The ash remains inside it until it cools. Sand should be used for putting the fire out quickly. Please never pour water over it. This can result in damage to the Zwergenfeuer.
We wish you and your children lots of happiness with the Zwergenfeuer.
DENK braziers are handmade in Germany from CeraFlam®, the patent-protected DENK fire ceramic. No other ceramic material has such exceptional qualities. Natural fire ceramic whose material composition is the result of space research.
CeraFlam® is durably heat resistant, stores heat for a long time and does not age. CeraFlam® is only available from DENK. While the term brazier is used globally, the recipe for the ceramic compound is still our well kept secret today.
CeraFlam® is protected by patent law.
Mini brazier CeraFlam®, instructions
CeraFlam is totally fireproof and can store around three times more heat than steel. This type of ceramic is very rare and working with it demands a high level of skill.